Portugal is part of the Schengen Area. Consult the following pages from the Portuguese government about visas for the Schengen Area:
Which visa do I need to travel to the Portugal?
Warning: Make sure to apply for the visa support well on time.
The ACM does not issue formal invitation letters for visas to attend POPL and associated workshops / symposia. They can, however, issue a visa support letter. For visa support letters, please send all requests to the Office of SIG Services with the following information:
- Name (as it appears on your passport) and mailing address.
- The name of the conference you wish to attend (POPL).
- Your registration confirmation number.
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk.
- Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent.
See the ACM Visa Support Letters page for updates to this policy.