POPL 2019 TutorialFest will be on Monday, 14 January 2018.
Continuing the tradition of previous years, POPL 2019 will host a set of tutorials ranging on different topics relevant to the POPL community.
Call for Tutorials
The 46th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2019) will be held in Lisbon, Portugal.
POPL provides a forum for the discussion of fundamental principles and important innovations in the design, definition, analysis, transformation, implementation and verification of programming languages, programming systems, and programming abstractions.
Tutorials for POPL 2019 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL community. In particular, tutorials describing emerging topics or novel tools have been especially successful in the past.
Tutorials will be held on Monday January 14, 2019 (two days before the main conference and the day before PLMW). The expected length of a tutorial is 3 hours and, depending on the schedule, there might be the option to repeat it in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Deadline for submission: 15 October 2018
- Notification of acceptance: 25 October 2018
A tutorial proposal should provide the following information.
- Tutorial title
- Presenter(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- 1-3 page description (for evaluation). This should include the objectives, topics to be covered, presentation approach, target audience, prerequisite knowledge, and if the tutorial was previously held, the location (i.e. which conference), date, and number of attendees if available.
- 1-2 paragraph abstract suitable for tutorial publicity.
- 1 paragraph biography suitable for tutorial publicity.